Changes To My Study Programme

Hello people! This is one of the last blog that I'm writing this semester. 
When I first entered this faculty I was very excited because study pharmacy at the University of Chile sounded great in every way. However, after a time of a studying here my thoughts began to change a little, I started to find many flaws around...

One of these flaws are about the Study Program, I think that pharmacy is a really hard career. The days at the university are very long, it's practically all day, so if I could change anything I would shorten this because I think that some classes have too many hours and aren't taken advantage like calculus.
The long day also negatively affects the students because most of us live very far away and we lose hours in traveling to the university and when we arrive home it's only to continue studying.
I know that If the day were shorter we could take better advantage of our time.

About the subjects that I have to study, I think that it's a little boring but necessary because in pharmacy you need to know about all type of science, however, I don't like that the first two years are a baccalaureate for all the careers of the faculty because many of the things that era learned can be useful for biochemist, however maybe for a food engineer not. And it's not that I don't like to learn it's just that it makes me a little useless considering what I said earlier about the working day.

I would like the faculty facilities to be a little better, the laboratories to be bigger and more money to be allocated to our faculty, students need more space for studying. It isn't fair to know that when rains there isn't enough space for everyone.
Finally I would like to write that although the career and the university continue to have shortcomings I've seen the way in which it advances, before it was a bit strange to think that technology was going to be so necessary to learn. I've also compared the career with another university with greater economic resources and I realize that despite not having so much we learn with little, we learn to solve problems without so much technology, without having the best laboratories.









Comments

  1. I totally agree with you, we need shorter days, and a space to eat, study and rest, especially in the winter with its heavy rains...
    And it is true what you said, we learned to work with less technology, maybe, in the future, we will be more prepared to work anywhere, under any conditions

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right!! In winter was freezing cold and there were nowhere to stay warm

    ReplyDelete
  3. First, the subject biochemist isn't in the two first years of us common years, and in second place, obviosly that it's important for them, and for all of us, understanding the molecular processes in a high level is essential, the food engineers have a subject called "biochemist of the aliments" so...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is true, we need more space to study, a better library adn studying rooms

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The best concert ever...

Addiction: From Tea and Coffee to Drugs of Abuse