Why did you choose this career?



When I was a child my only dream in this life was becoming a physician because I could help the people who needed. I believed in this dream until I met my humanist skills in high school.
When I was 14 i was addicted to reading novels and poems and I started to writing my thoughts and feelings, I posted my written on a Facebook page. I was really popular because people liked what I write, for this time I thought that I could study literature but then I realized that I didn't want to transform my hobby into a job so I went back to my childhood dream of becoming a physician for the next years before entering to university.
I gave the university entrance exam (PSU) in 2015, my results were good but not enough... so I was disappointed. My family supported me and they told me that if I wanted to take a year I could do it.

2016 was a good year but also very confusing because I didn't know that iIwanted to study...
¿Medicine? Maybe ¿Literature? Maybe not ¿Engineering? A big NO!
That year I worked teaching math to children attending the same school I attended, during this time people used to say me that maybe I could study a pedagogy however that was not something I really enjoyed doing so I refused.
The last half of the year I took Mandarin Chinese classes and considered studying languages ​​or international studies but again I refused... the reason? I wanted to study something related to sciences.

When it came time to choose what to study and where to study almost cry because I was still undecided... The light came when my uncle sat next to me and began to orient me about careers and universities. After a long afternoon talking I decided to venture to study Chemistry and Pharmacy at the University of Chile.

I don't know if it was the right decision but for the moment I haven't repented.



Thanks for reading and see you soon!


Comments

  1. Nice story, keep writing as a hobby?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading :)
      And yes! I still write by hobby.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Changes To My Study Programme

The best concert ever...

Addiction: From Tea and Coffee to Drugs of Abuse